K-W Graduation Ceremony and Parade
Graduation is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. on May 31, 2020.
- The K-W Graduation Ceremony will be held in the K-W High School parking lot at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 31, 2020.
- A portion of the parking lot will be designated for seniors and their families to park their vehicles. Each graduate can have one vehicle in the designated portion of the parking lot.
- Graduates should enter the parking lot from 6th Street anytime between 12:00 p.m. and 12:55 p.m.
- Parking for additional guests will be available in the West end of the student parking lot or on the street.
- When graduates enter the parking lot, a staff member will have a few items for each including: a program, diploma, transcript, class flower, and honor cords for those who have met the criteria.
- A white “KW” has been painted in every other parking space. Graduates should park on a “KW”. This will leave an empty space between each vehicle and windows can be down according to MDE guidelines.
- The ceremony will follow a similar script to our traditional indoor ceremony and will include: National Anthem, Student Speeches, Recognition of Honor Students and NHS Members, and Introduction of the Class of 2020.
- The ceremony will be broadcast live on KDHL Radio (920 AM).
- The ceremony will also be available through Facebook Live on the K-W Band and Choir Facebook pages.
- In order to be in compliance with MDE guidelines, all individuals will need to stay in their vehicles throughout the entire ceremony with the exception of the student speakers.
- Immediately following the Graduation Ceremony, all graduates are invited to join a parade through Kenyon and Wanamingo.
- Kenyon Police, Kenyon Fire Department, Wanamingo Fire Department, and our SRO Jeff Sjoblom with Goodhue County Sheriff’s Office will all be part of the parade leading our graduates through our two communities.
- Graduates will leave the school parking lot using the West exit and can follow the parade route for as long as they choose.
- During the parade Gordy will be sharing information about our seniors on KDHL. Seniors should complete the Google Form that was emailed with the information you would like available for the radio broadcast.
- The parade will begin in Kenyon, travel to Wanamingo on County Road 12, and end on the North side of Wanamingo. The parade route map is attached.